Bitmain now allows you to buy Antminer V9 Bitcoin (BTC/BCH) miner from their online store — Bitmain has done some very weird things lately, they recently announced the Antminer A3 to everyone’s surprise and shock, but now they’ve thrown everyone for another surprise. They’ve launched a “new” product called the ‘Antminer V9 4T’ which mines at just 4 Th/s. This is neither record-breaking nor amazing by any means, but for some reason, Bitmain is still calling this ‘All New’ and just about nobody is very impressed. The only thing to be impressed with is the price tag which is just around $400 including shipping from Bitmain.
We’ve seen bitmain throw some interesting products out in the public for purchase, but this one is quite puzzling. In fact what’s even weirder is it appears like this has been rebranded from another model. If you see the image above, you can see a new white label has been plastered on top of what appears to be similar to the body seen with the AntMiner S9 ~ 11.85TH/s miner. This model may be an under-clocked S9, or s9 body with s7 hashing board internals.
Bitmain claims that this Antminer v9 is specifically designed for long-term use in bitcoin mining. For the price it isn’t too terrible if you have free energy, but if you don’t have free energy, you might want to consider something else as this V9 might not be profitable at all – which begs the question, WHY bitmain? Why would you create something ‘all-new’ that’s completely inferior to any other mining rig available today? – The only conclusion we can come to is Bitmain probably had some old boards they wanted to get rid of to make room for new product. Bitmain also will ONLY sell you the Antminer V9 in units of 5X QTY. So if you want to buy the Antminer V9, expect to buy at least a minimum of 5X units. Or you can find them on other sites individually here: Buy Antminer V9.
The stats on the “All-New” Antminer V9 can be seen below:
Bitmain Antminer V9 Specifications:
– Product model: V9
– Hash chip type: BM1580
– Total quantity of hash chips: 135 PCS
– Total quantity of hash boards: 3 PCS
– Total hash rate: 4TH ±5%
– DC voltage input: 11.60~13.00 V
– DC current input @12V DC: 79.59 A +10%
– DC Power @12V DC input: 955 W +10%
– 220VAC Power @25℃, 93% conversion efficiency of APW3: 1027 W +10%
– 220VAC Power efficiency @25℃, 93% conversion efficiency of APW3: 253mJ/MH+10%
– Weight (without package）: 3.05 kg
– Operation temperature: 0-40 ℃
– Storage temperature: -40-85 ℃
– Operation humidity: 5%RH-95%RH, prevent condensation
– Noise: 76 dB
– Networking connection mode: Ethernet Cable
– Power connection mode: All three PCI-E ports are required to power the board. You can use one PSU to power multiple boards, but do not attempt to power one board with two PSUs.We suggest preventing the control board to be powered up before hash boards be powered up.
– Size (Length*Width*Height, without package): 301mm*123mm*155mm
If you’re looking for a more reliable bitcoin miner with a cheap price tag, this might not be a bad idea, but ONLY if your power consumption cost is either free, or VERY cheap. With Bitcoin at it’s current price around $8000 and rising, these miners may be more valuable in the future, but at this time we don’t advise buying the Antminer V9, unless you have very affordable power, or if you want to speculate on the Bitcoin price going up. Will we buy the Bitmain Antminer V9? Probably not due to our current price of electricity, but for the price, it’s almost tempting if Bitcoin goes back to the $20,000 range, but we’ll probably go with the Antminer A3 for now as our pick since it’s the most profitable miner available right now. You can read our article about the Antminer A3 here: Antminer A3.
Antminer V9 Review
Bitmain's Antminer V9 is not the most powerful, but if you're looking for a long-term solution for Bitcoin mining and have cheap power or free power, the Antminer V9 might not be so bad. Especially since the cost risk of breaking one of these will be much less since the price to buy is much less. It may not be the worst option for you in this case.
What do you think? Leave your comment below:
Comments. Leave yours now!