(Have you ever wanted change your service “bars” to a number? Its Simple!) Have you ever wondered if those phony bars on your iPhone’s screen was a like? when you try to call someone and it doesn’t work but you still have 4-bars? Well you could be a victim of a false readout. If you really want to know your true signal strength its not that hard actually! Its a few simple steps that you take and your iPhone will display the DB signal. The lower this number reads, the better the signal will be! You can also change it back when your done, or if you don’t like it anymore.
- Step 1: First you Dial *3001#12345#* on your iPhone then press CALL.
- Step 2: Now just select Field Test mode. You’ll see the signal strength indicator on the upper left hand corner of your iPhone’s screen. You can CHANGE between signal strength bars and a number by simply touching and clicking on it. If you want this to stay, simply hold the home button and exit the phone app. You will now have the option of signal bars enabled on your nice and shinny iPhone! Finish the following steps also to ensure it stays permanent.
- Step 3: Hold down on the Power button until you see the ‘slide to power off’ bar. DONT turn it off.
- Step 4: Press down on the Home Key until the it closes and you return to your home screen.
That is absolutely all you have to do! Just click it to turn back to the signal bars, or click it again to get the “db” to see the “actual strength” This might really be helpful if you want to know that type of service you are really getting 😉
Remember that the lower the number, the better your signal is! If it says “0”, that is VERY good, if it says a HIGH number, the likelihood is that your not in a great service area.
If you don’t like the actual service, you can change it! Simply follow the bellow steps to change your bars permanently back to the original way you saw them.
- Step 1: Dial *3001#12345#* on your iPhone then press Call.
- Step 2: Press your Home Button once.
You now will have reset it back to normal! You can always go back and forth anytime you want! Bookmark this page if you need a easy method of getting your iPhones real signal easily!
(image credit money.cnn.com)
What do you think? Leave your comment below:
Comments. Leave yours now!