Many iPhone users have heard of jailbreaking. When you jailbreak your device, it allows for new tweaks and modifications that Apple may not like. As “illegal” and “undercover” as it seems, Jailbreaking can actually positively affect a brand or model.
Apple’s public face seems to frown on fellow jailbreakers, but the truth is that Apple should begin thanking the jailbreak scene for some of its success. I have a notion that Apple might secretly support Jailbreaking. If they don’t, they should read the 5 reasons listed below!
As many of us know, people love to mess around with their devices. Apple didn’t seem to support tweaking and jailbreaking, but because it was an “under cover” activity for many, it became very popular. Millions of users bought iPhones because it was fun to make and use tweaks not supported by the manufacturer. These groups of people used iPhones because they held value for them. If there was no jailbreak scene, people would have gone to Android which supported rooting or Jailbreaking in the first place.
5 Jailbreaking Benefits For Apple:
- Apple’s sales and device value have increased because of jailbreaking. As many of us know, people love to mess around with their devices. Apple didn’t seem to support tweaking and jailbreaking, but because it was an “under cover” activity for many, it became very popular. Millions of users bought iPhones because it was fun to make and use tweaks not supported by the manufacturer. These groups of people used iPhones because they held value for them. If there was no jailbreak scene, people would have gone to Android which supported rooting or Jailbreaking in the first place.
- Challenging people’s minds makes for fun and games in the jailbreaking world. Apple loves updating and patching jailbreaks. Every time Apple updated the iOS version, thousands flocked to find a way to untether themselves from Apples forced iOS experience and tweaks. Soon after people would finally find a way. This gave people something to play with but more then that, it became a game for many. People in the jailbreak scene love to play the cat and mouse game with iOS, as them have fun finding the next tweak. Not to mention the millions of dollars made off of ads on blogs, forums, and websites posting informative jailbreak information. Apple and jailbreakers have hugely profited in many ways.
- Jailbreak news and buzz gave Apple insurmountable amounts of free advertising. This social buzz among many websites, blogs, and forums creates so much product placement for the iPhone. It’s like free advertisement gone crazy! Just imagine how much free news coverage Apple receives from the Jailbreak scene? I personally believe that the Jailbreak scene is one of the reasons Apple has been so successful with their iPhone. The iPhone is the highest profit maker for Apple topping all other products sold under their name to this day!
- The Jailbreak scene has created many new features. Some of these new features are now seen in the most recent iOS 7, in fact some of the multitasking features were first seen on jailbroken devices, not in beta iOS versions. This goes to show that the jailbreaking scene is the perfect place for Apple get new innovation with less work. They can also watch new features grow in the jailbreaking community. They can monitor their success and watch further development. This truly can benefit Apple in more ways then one!
- iPhone unlocking spread iPhone’s authority across the globe! Many people were motivated by needing a GSM unlock for their iPhones. The jailbreak scene solved the problem with several baseband patches like Ultrasn0w, and others. Because of this, the iPhone was able to be used in other countries. Apple didn’t sell to many countries at first, but the jailbreak scene at first paved the pathway for retail sales of the iPhone. Because of the high demand for the iPhone in developing countries, People resorted to the jailbreak, as one of the only affordable ways of getting an iPhone working on their network. If it were not for Jailbreaking, many countries wouldn’t have iPhones and Apple would have lost much of the free product exposure they received as a benefit of jailbreaking.
Apple is a lucky company for these side affects!
Apple most likely can see the benefits that the jailbreaking scene has caused them. Android and their OS has encouraged “Rooting” which is essentially the same thing as “Jailbreaking” on the iPhone. But because the public face of Android supports the act of rooting and jailbreaking, it doesn’t make it special, it doesn’t make it “under cover” it doesn’t make it go viral. As you can see, Apple has truly benefited, profited, and continuers to thrive from the jailbreak scene!
(For More Cydia)
What do you think? Leave your comments below:
What do you think? Leave your comment below:
Comments. Leave yours now!